Board members are volunteers, and receive no compensation. The function of these volunteers is:
- to ensure that all activities undertaken are in line with the group’s Mission statement, as stated in the deed of Incorporation.
- to provide guidance to the organising committees of each fundraising event, where appropriate
- to select medical equipment from the Hospitals’ (primarily Oncology/Haematology) priority list which the Fund will support.
- to decide what portion of funds raised will be allocated toward the immediate purchase of medical equipment and, if applicable, what portion allocated to the endowment fund at each hospital.
- to represent the Sian Bradwell Fund at each fundraising event.
- to file an Annual Summary report with Industry Canada in order to maintain the status as a Not-For-Profit organisation. Industry Canada registration number: 86476-3528-RC0001